Sophomore Adjustments

The class of 2022 begins the new school year as a crowd of success hungry students who are excited to move forward in life.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Adjustments

Whipping into the new school year, sophomores Drew Truelove and Dominic Saffiote tell of noticeable changes and new goals coming with the year. It seemed like their most agreed-upon goal for the school year was the ability to drive. “Driving is just going to open up so many new opportunities,” said Truelove.

Grant Fullerton

Grant Fullerton

Grant Fullerton

Entering chemistry class his first day of sophomore year and realizing there were hardly any familiar faces caused anxiety to begin setting in. What really had his nerves going was his lack of knowledge in the course. Taking a second to gaze around the classroom though, he could nearly imagine how much new information was going to be presented in this class. He may have felt nervous initially, but he progressively began to see the class for what it really was. The opportunity brought access to interesting new knowledge to obtain and a test of responsibility to offer.

The new school year begins, and many of the students must adjust from the passing summer. As freshmen begin their legacy, sophomores take the next step in the right direction towards their desired futures. It may take some time for students to get back on track for the school year. It likely will not be long though until students begin to adapt and get back into the flow of responsibility.

“They really just expect more from me as a student altogether,” said sophomore Drew Truelove.

The year also brings another chance for the sophomore’s to accomplish past goals they may not have been able to achieve that had been set by them as Freshmen. On top of that, it brings a great opportunity to set new goals to drive themselves through the year.

“One thing I would like to do this year is to be a student of the week,” said Truelove.

Coupled with striving to achieve new goals, students may need to adapt to new levels of difficulty and larger amounts of school work. With that being said, the first week or two of school can feel quite slow in some classes.

“I haven’t really seen anything more difficult in class than last year, but it is still the beginning of the year,” said Truelove.

In addition to these new adjustments, some students may be feeling stressed out or anxious. For some people, the transition from summer break back to school is much harder than others.

“No, I was confident going into the school year,” Truelove stated when asked if he had been feeling stressed over any adjustments coming with the year.