Strong Day Assembly

Stand Tall was the theme of the strong day assembly.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Strong Day Assembly

StandTallSteve trys to get his point across to the whole school. His message was to always

StandTallSteve trys to get his point across to the whole school. His message was to always "STAND TALL".

Eric Adams

Eric Adams

Eric Adams

Boswell Gym erupted with students singing Sweet Caroline, banging on the mats, and waving their phone lights in the air when Stand Tall Steve finished his speech.

Steve Bollar is a motivational speaker who travels to tell people to be themselves. He tells people about his childhood, he explains how his height made him feel out of place. He explains that when he was younger he didn’t like how tall he was, so he always slouched. Until he was walking with one of his friends and they told him some advice about being proud of who you are.

“I liked how involved Steve got with the students,” said math teacher Mrs. Rosen.

Bollar had some of the students to play games that taught them about good habits and being themselves. A few activities he brought to LHS were lip sync battles, musical chairs, and relay races with a morning routine. He wants the world to be more confident about themselves no matter what they look like, what they wear, where they live, and how tall they are.

“He was trying to tell us don’t let people put you down and be yourself no matter what,” said freshman Matthew Hilton.

Bollar coming to Lebanon High School was a great thing for the students. With his advice, more people may want to get out there and do more things. People who don’t seem athletic might decide to do sports, or people whose friends would normally see them differently might do things such as drama. They also might try and make more friends with people they wouldn’t normally be around.

“Steve’s advice can help the school by kids wanting to take classes now that they wouldn’t normally take. That can help them get a better education because they will take harder classes or classes that can get them out there more,” said Rosen.

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a