Softball Life

The Incoming

Back to Article
Back to Article

Softball Life

Onyx Carroll

Onyx Carroll

Onyx Carroll

The incoming Freshmen on the Lebanon softball team are in for a tough season. Trying to balance sports and school may not be as easy as they think it will be. Despite the rough transition into high school, there are high hopes for this season.

Middle school and high school softball are two different dynamics. This season, there will be seven freshmen on the Lebanon softball team. Three out of the seven will be starting varsity with another three being varsity fill-ins.

“I think it will be stressful because my last class is English,” said freshman Taylor Rodden.

The Freshmen had an outstanding Middle School softball career, only losing two games last season. The freshmen have high hopes for this season.

“I feel pretty good considering I have only lost three games my whole middle school career,” Rodden said.

The middle school season went fast for these Freshmen. Throughout their middle school career, they only lost three games. Even with the three losses, they managed to beat the teams they had lost to, which is the kind of attitude the high school team needs.

“Transitioning from the Lebanon Middle School softball team to the Lebanon High School softball team has changed me. Not only have my emotions about softball changed, but my mindset about softball has also changed. At the Lebanon Middle School, my mindset was just to play the game and not worry about anything, but now that I’m at the Lebanon High School not only do I want to have fun I also want to enjoy the time I have with my upperclassmen,” said freshman Ani Becker.

This season is expected to be a great one. Especially with the young talent that the softball team has received. Their attitudes and overall mindset will really help the team excel this year and maybe even win this year’s districts. Winning districts will really draw attention to the softball program.

“I think we will be able to do what we haven’t been able to do in almost the past 20 years and win districts. I think we will be able to win districts this year because our upper-classmen will be able to help since they have the experience, plus our freshman roster we will be able to push our limits. Another reason I think that we will be able to win districts is we all have had a lot of time to practice over the summer since we all played in the summer league. We spent a lot of time with each other, and we all grew closer as a team. This will help us cheer each other on during the road to districts,” Becker said.