Who is Carter Collins

Carter Collins\; the president of GSA

Back to Article
Back to Article

Who is Carter Collins

Carter Collins is the president of the G. S.A, or Gender Sexuality Alliance Club. They started the club so lgbtq+ students have a place to go.

Whisper Kane

Whisper Kane

Whisper Kane

Who is Carter Collins? They are a student, an athlete, and a drama kid. They can be anything because they are human. It doesn’t matter who they are, it matters what they stand for, and Carter stands for everyone who doesn’t feel like they have a place. Especially as president of G.S.A, Gender Sexuality Alliance, they show everyone who is in this club how to show off the real them.

“I started G.S.A because a bus driver on a field trip called me disgusting and I realized this high school doesn’t have a safe place to go if others like me didn’t feel welcome anywhere else,” said Collins.

Carter is human just like everyone else, but they identify as nonbinary. Non-binary is a spectrum of gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine\; identities that are outside the gender binary.

“In 8th grade, I came out to pretty much everybody in the school and said, ‘Hey call me Carter because my birth name is gross.’ I identify as nonbinary and I don’t really care how people view me. I do think that I am not 100% a girl, it just doesn’t feel right but I’m not 100% a boy either.”

Things can be hard for Carter. They struggle with their dating life. It is hard when people can’t like them for just their personality instead of how they identify themselves. People just don’t accept them for who they are.

“I generally like boys which is really hard because of the way that I dress and I put myself out there. Most people just assume that I am a lesbian, which I’m not, so then boys don’t want to talk to me. The guys at our school don’t want to be with me, because I run the gay club and it doesn’t look good on them,” said Collins.