Say Cheese!

Yearbook Club's effort to make Club Picture day the best one yet.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Say Cheese!

The Yearbook staff tags and logs club members that made it to the picture day for their club. Currently, Onyx Carroll is helping on the line, as well as Mansi Patel and Garrett Nelson.

Braxton Myers

Braxton Myers

Braxton Myers

Out of the 40 recognized school-affiliated clubs and organizations at the high school, it’s hard to pick the ones that seem unique. Though, from the views of the yearbook staff who have to be in charge of the management of all the different groups for picture day, it can be easy to see how each is different in their own way. From the smaller clubs like Literary Muse to the bigger organizations like FFA, the Yearbook team has to tag members and hunt down discrepancies in the photo-taking process.

“I felt overwhelmed, only when they left in such big numbers and individuals didn’t give me their name,” said senior journalism student Bryson Crowell who helped with the photo tagging process.

Size matters in most of these groups because they can be awfully problematic to manage at times. This is especially true to the staff who had to deal with the students directly. The photography team organized the group members through the tallest to the smallest. Then one Yearbook student would organize that group into the picture form while another would get ready to take the picture. After that, students were sent to go get tagged in the photos and confirm their name and grade.

“There was a process, in which people were in charge of tagging photos (when people are tagged in photos like a facebook tagging, which people can get credit for being in that club) after the photo was taken,” said Kierra Miller, junior that was in charge of photography.
Yearbook students prepared a lot for this particular event. They carried signs, bleachers, chairs, etc. to the Boswell Gym before and after school to help out. Though, with the stress on these students to get their job done efficiently and quickly, one can become anxious about their job.

“I found it challenging to help some groups because some people wouldn’t listen to my directions. At times it was overwhelming,” says Abbi Watkins, who was tasked with the organization of students on bleachers.