2,000’s Club New Member

Basketball player, Quenton Shelton, hits his 2,000th point for his career.

Ozark Sports Zone

Quenton Shelton looking for a lane to drive through in Hammons Arena at the Blue and Gold tournament.

Around this time of the season, basketball players all over the country are starting to hit their 1,000th career point. They will post it on social media, take pictures, and sometimes get a gameball. They will never forget the moment as it is a huge accomplishment.

Tuesday night in a game against Central High School in Boswell Auditorium, senior Quenton Shelton hit his 2,000th career point.

Shelton has been starting at the varsity position since his freshman year. Since then, he has built quite a resume, and putting up 2,000 is on top of that. Shelton, who wears no. 24 on the court, also leads the Yellow Jackets all-time career points.

“It feels really good to finally hit a milestone like that,” Shelton said.

The atmosphere in Boswell Auditorium was buzzing, everyone knew that Quenton Shelton was 26 points away from 2,000. From his first basket to his last, the Jacket Swarm was counting down.

Shelton had a slow start, then got hot, and when he was a few points away he appeared nervous.

“Yeah I was nervous, I wanted to get it over with. I knew how many points I had to get, I knew where I was, I just wanted to finish it already,” said Shelton. After he got to the 2,000 mark off of a lay-up, head coach Billy Brown called a full time out for a short celebration which included the announcement, a plaque, and a standing ovation from everyone in Jacket Nation.

There will not be another basketball player to go through Lebanon High School to beat this anytime soon, but it is not impossible.

Quenton Shelton has forever left his mark on Lebanon High School for generations to come.