The Jacket

Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Staying Steady

Brennen Keller, Contributor

Being a Christian in high school can be a very immense task. There is an overwhelming amount of opposition to the Christian faith. It might be very hard to fight through the darkness and let Jesus’ light shine unto others, but it is possible.

Finding a group of believers to be surrounded with is vital to keeping the faith and not straying. I can speak through personal experience. I have surrounded myself with believers outside of my church who are strong in the faith and help build me up. It is so important as a believer to find this.

As important as it is to be surrounded with believers outside of church it is equally as important to stay well-connected with a church group. Having a church group of believers who are there to provide strength is one of the best ways to stay in the faith.

“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another” Proverbs 27:17.

When people go to church they are being sharpened by each other much like iron sharpens iron. Other believers are here to encourage one another to stay in the faith and not stray. With a world full of darkness and evil it is almost impossible to stand strong on one’s own. That is what I have found out in my own life. The times that I neglected hanging out with my Christian friends and decided I could do it on my own I would often fall flat on my face.

Although it is very important to be surrounded by believers, it is even more important to be surrounded by the word of God. I have seen many believers of God, but they are not followers of God.

I fully believe that if people spend time reading the Bible, they will stay strong in the faith. In today’s world, there are many people who believe in a God that they made or a God that others made for them.

The word of God is the only constant truth in life. It sets a path to follow and a truth to listen to. Without God’s words, people have no direction in their lives. It tells people how to stay in the faith throughout high school with Jesus as an example. We must be surrounded with the Bible to keep a steady faith.

1 Comment

One Response to “Staying in the Faith Through Darkness”

1. Jamie Conner on December 5th, 2018 12:53 pm

My heart is so happy to see a student journalist writing these reports and posting them on the new school site! I can’t wait to read more in the future! Keep sharing your faith and know that God has your back.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Column

Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Opinion

A Walk in Her Shoes

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Opinion

Using School as a Ministry

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Opinion

Abortion: Issue 1

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Column

Joy

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Column

Broken Chains

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Entertainment

Agonizingly Dull

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Lifestyle

Holiday Door Decorating Contest!

• Video

Wrestling

• Staying in the Faith Through Darkness

Movies

The Exorcist Film vs. Novel

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School
Staying in the Faith Through Darkness