The Jacket

Fortnite Review

Fortnite skyrocketing in fans

Nick Butler, Contributor

A person getting their first win in any Battle Royale game is extremely exciting. “Fortnite: Battle Royale” is a highly addictive game around the world. Millions of players battle against each other on a daily basis in this game. Many YouTubers and streamers have become exceptionally famous based on their skill in the game. This game hosts many tournaments, and the winner of the tournaments could take up to fifty-thousand dollars home.

The original Fortnite game was released on July 25th, 2017, by the company Epic Games. “Fortnite: Battle Royale” was later released in the month of September, bringing more intense gameplay.

Fortnite: Battle Royale is a free game, but gives players options to play with different add-ons, such as new skins, dances, and other equipment.

Many “free-to-play” games have a paywall, which means players pay for add-ons to be better at the game. Fortnite makes millions of dollars from fans purchasing items off the game, but they don’t have a paywall. They make their money off of all the different suits and equipment that players can purchase for their avatar to look cool in the game, which leaves the game to all skill and no money needed. Fortnite started to gain many fans due to the fact that they don’t have a paywall in a free-to-play game.

The gameplay of Fortnite: Battle Royale is amazing. One-hundred players from all around the world load up on the battle bus and drop into different locations. Players skydive down to the ground and start to scramble through houses to find weapons, also destroying buildings and trees to build platforms later on in a gunfight. Some players go for golden chests, which hold many different types of loot.

Although the graphics look cartoony, people shouldn’t let that fool them from thinking that the game will be a blast.

The game offers a totally different gaming experience every single time, always different weapons and always different loot. The building mechanics make battles different every single time. Fortnite constantly updates the game, keeping their fans happy and pleased. They’re always updating the map, making better loot, adding new skins, and so much more.

Fortnite is currently the highest played video game in the world because they care about their fans. This is why Fortnite is currently one of the most top-rated virtual reality games in the world. They have many more game-changing plans and updates releasing soon, keeping all players and people who already love the game happy and excited to see what is to come.

Because of the constant updates that Epic performs on their game, it draws in new players day by day. Fortnite is set to seasons, all with different themes and new skins to unlock or purchase.

The most recent season, season 6, is based on a Darkness Rises theme. There are many new things to discover and utilize, and many more things coming in the future. This is why Fortnite is topping the charts in the gaming world and why so many people have chosen this game over any other.