The Jacket

Coach Crowell

The player’s champ

Coach+Ron+Crowell+enjoying+some+time+away+from+tennis+to+watch+some+baseball.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Crowell

Coach Ron Crowell enjoying some time away from tennis to watch some baseball.

Ron Crowell

Ron Crowell

Ron Crowell

Bryson Crowell, Contributor

Coach Crowell is one of those coaches who players have a hard time disliking. The way he handles himself while still pushing his players to achieve their best does not only speak volumes of his coaching ability, but to his character as well.

Not only is he a coach, he is a friend. Just last week, the girls tennis team went to play a tournament in Branson.

“Team bonding was really fun. First we played both doubles and singles in the Branson Tournament against Branson and two other teams. It was super hot that day too so that was nice. Then we went to Wendy’s to get dinner because we were starving, but we realized we only had a few minutes before Snowflex would close so we hurried over there. We got there in time to have a couple runs down the giant mountain, which felt amazing because the tournament lasted forever. After a couple of photo opportunities we went to the landing to go shopping spree. We were let loose for an hour and a half and it was pretty with all the lights at night. There was even a little concert going on by the big fountain are. We ended the night by running back to the bus because of course everyone was out passed the time we were supposed to be on the bus.” said senior Zephine White.

Coach Crowell is nice like that, but that’s not the only reason they like him.

“He’s slow to anger, and he thinks more about his players than about winning, even though his top goal is winning.” said senior Addison Myler.

Coach Crowell loves to keep his players happy. This is why he doesn’t make cuts on the tennis team.

“Tennis is a lifelong sport and I want to give as many kids as I can the opportunity to play,” said Coach Crowell

He can’t stand to see players get hurt. Coach tries to keep everyone happy. It doesn’t always work.

“When he says ‘Let’s get the next one’ and doesn’t realize I’ve been trying to the whole time.” said Myler

In the good and the bad times the team always knows their coach will be there to help no matter what. Coach Crowell loves to see a smile on the teams face. He would never want to make any of them upset. Even if one is upset about something. He is always caring and tries to help them feel better.

“When I first joined tennis, I didn’t know anyone. It was tough for me to try to branch out and make friends with anybody on the team. Yet Coach Crowell was really outgoing, and he made sure to include everyone in everything so no one got left out. I think because of him I ended up getting to be friends with some of the most amazing people. Coach Crowell is full of school spirit, and he always has a positive attitude even when things go wrong. My favorite Coach Crowell quote is, “It doesn’t rain on lebanon tennis”, because even when it does rain, it doesn’t get the team down.” said White.

About the Writer
Bryson Crowell, Editor

Hi, my name is Bryson. I play basketball and tennis for LHS. I try my best to be good at anything I do. I'm also 5'2, but people still mistake me for a...

1 Comment

One Response to “Coach Crowell”

1. Michelle Armstrong on December 5th, 2018 9:46 am

Bryson–great article about a great Coach & special dad!! Coach Crowell is a good one–I remember when my son was in Jr. High your dad called me to make sure Kyler was ok because he noticed that he seemed a little different that day in class. He goes above and beyond for all Lebanon kids, not just the athletes!

You are blessed with awesome parents!! Make sure your momma sees this article!!

Come by my room for a Buzz Buck! Keep writing STRONG!!
    Mrs. Armstrong:)

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Coach Crowell

Features

Out of Their Element

• Coach Crowell

Features

One More Year

• Coach Crowell

Features

Continue Marching On

• Coach Crowell

Features

100 Years Later

• Coach Crowell

Features

Going Plus One

• Coach Crowell

Entertainment

Agonizingly Dull

• Coach Crowell

Lifestyle

Holiday Door Decorating Contest!

• Video

Wrestling

• Coach Crowell

Movies

The Exorcist Film vs. Novel

• Coach Crowell

Television

The Flash Review

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School
Coach Crowell