The Jacket

Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Speaking about Jesus

the cross is a very important symbol to christians

Brennen Keller, Contributor

Every day in high school we talk and converse with our friends and other people. We are called as Christians to share the good news of Jesus Christ. However, many people may never talk to anyone about their beliefs, but as followers of Christ that is something that should be the center of every conversation.

We should ask ourselves “What is a gospel-centered conversation?” It might not be exactly what we think. It doesn’t always mean we are talking about God or Jesus. It simply means that, in our mind, every word we say could be directed back to Christ. There should be no question that we are a part of the body of Christ.

As a body of believers, we should always find ways to incorporate Jesus into our everyday conversations. For some people that might start out with stopping cursing. It sounds  simple but it might be a struggle for some. For other people it might be bringing up Jesus to a friend that they know has never received Christ and doesn’t believe. It could even be talking to other believers about faith.

Our lives can often be very “self-centered”. We are so worried about how we get ourselves through the day or how we get through the week. However, we don’t make our mission to give glory to God.

Through every word that we speak God should be getting the glory. As Christians, we should focus on centering our conversations to where at the end of it God is being glorified. We need to put our lives to the side and make our conversations about the life-altering good news that Jesus Christ provides for us.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Having Gospel-Centered Conversations”

1. Esmeralda on January 8th, 2019 8:39 am

Yes, very nice.
    Somebody tell me why this belongs on a public school’s website.

2. adviser on January 8th, 2019 2:52 pm

Esmeralda,

We welcome you to submit a Letter to the Editor if you have an issue on which you would like to offer your unique perspective. We here at The Jacket strive to remain impartial in our news reporting. That being said, articles under the Opinion subheading are just that; they do not represent the opinions of The Jacket staff and should be considered the opinion of the contributor. If those of you reading those articles have a dissenting opinion or want to offer your unique perspective on a topic of importance to the LHS community, you are more than welcome to submit a letter representing your perspective, with the caveat that your dialogue must remain cordial, respectful and constructive. We know that no one opinion will represent the entirety of the student body at LHS. Therefore, we hope that the “Opinion” page will be a tool for facilitating conversations and navigating the confusing world and times in which we live. We hope that The Jacket can be a place where everyone at Lebanon High School can gather to educate themselves about the goings-on in our community and world. The Jacket Staff will review all letters thoroughly and post all opinions as long as they meet our standard of being cordial, respectful and constructive. If you submit a letter then you consent to having your name listed as the contributor. If you wish to remain anonymous then please state that at the beginning of the letter. We do ask that you always put your name in the name field (even if you wish to remain anonymous). We will protect our sources, but we will not published unattributed letters as we can not verify their authenticity.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

Survival of the Fittest; Battle of the Mind

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

Cold Turkey: Part IV

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

Cold Turkey: Part III

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

Cold Turkey: Part II

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

Cold Turkey: Part I

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

To Be Heard

• Column

Giving it all to God

• Column

GO CAPPS

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

The High Price of Education

• Having Gospel-Centered Conversations

Column

Joy

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School
Having Gospel-Centered Conversations