The Jacket

A Warm Welcome For Lebanon Basketball

Lebanon basketball is lead by new coach, Billy Brown.

The+varsity+team+stands+for+the+national+anthem+before+their+game+again+Marshfield+on+December+4th.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Warm Welcome For Lebanon Basketball

The varsity team stands for the national anthem before their game again Marshfield on December 4th.

Kevin Lowery

Kevin Lowery

Kevin Lowery

Kayne Buckley, Contributor

Lebanon High School welcomes Coach Billy Brown as the new varsity basketball coach. After not having too much team success last basketball season, fingers are crossed that it is a flip around.

“I’m ready for a winning season now. We are working hard to prepare for this, we are not going to wait to win, we are ready,” said Brown.

After starting three sophomores and two juniors last year, it is projected that the same five will start, and all have moved up a grade. With that, they will have grown, gotten stronger, faster, and have developed all around.

“This season will definitely be different from last season. I feel good about this year and I feel good about Coach Brown,” said junior Jordan Lewis.

Over the course of his 21 year coaching career, Coach Brown has accumulated around 250 wins. There is no doubt that he will bring that experience to LHS.

“Looking forward to the challenge of getting the basketball program off to a good start. We have a very difficult schedule with a lot of teams with a championship caliber program,” Brown, the former Parkview High School coach, said.

Coach Brown is excited for this basketball season and is working hard to prepare his players to win.

Junior Quenton Shelton was a big contributor to the basketball team last season. As a Freshman on Varsity, he was putting big numbers up early. Averaging 18.2 points per game, he also had a record breaking season. Shelton is one of the few freshman who scored over 500 points that year. He broke a program record with his big 89 three pointers made. Quenton was named All-Ozark Conference Honors. He will be a big threat on the Jackets this season.

“I feel good about basketball season,” Shelton said. “I like Coach Brown a lot and I feel like he will be a great coach.”

The 2018-19 Yellowjacket Boys Basketball season kicked off with with the opener on November 29th.