The Jacket

The Flash Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Flash Review

Onyx Carroll, Contributor

The first time I watched “The Flash” I was hooked. I couldn’t stop watching it. I always did like superhero movies and shows, but this, this was different. I started watching it. I knew if I stopped watching it. I’d not only be very sad, but I would be utterly disappointed. I mean, who wouldn’t get hooked after watching a show when someone got their powers by an explosion?

“The Flash” was made possible by Harry Lampert, the author, and Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, and Andrew Kreisberg, the creators and publishers. On October 7, 2014, “The Flash” was made possible. This show can be watched on Netflix, Hulu, and the CW app.

“The Flash” sustains a level of quality that most of the other superhero dramas can only aspire to. This is partly because the show’s creators have the benefit of hindsight on their side. Maybe add detail here saying exactly what they have done in the past.

Grant Gustin, who plays The Flash was the Barry Allen that the fans had been picturing. He was this awkward, sweet and brilliant guy who, over the course of the seasons, evolved into a confident, experienced hero.

The first episode introduced Barry Allen, a science geek and Central City CSI who acquires super-speed after an accident. The show introduces a new super-powered villain nearly every week. It delivers a string of episodes with a villain of the week. That alone has made “The Flash” feel livelier and more action-packed than most other serialized adventure series.

The main character’s of the show are Barry Allen, Cisco Ramon, Iris West, Joe West, Wally West, Harrison Wells, and Caitlin Snow. The show is set in Central city, which is a fictional city.

The main recurring dialog said repeatedly in the show is ¨My name is Barry Allen and I’m the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I saw my mother killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world, I’m just an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me, and one day I’ll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father. I am The Flash,” said by Barry Allen himself, in every single episode.

“The Flash” is a lot like the show “Arrow” in many different ways. The shows sometimes even crossover for a few episodes. Although they are very similar shows, they are also very different shows.

“The Flash” and “Arrow” are similar and different in many ways. With them being tied together with their mythologies and characters. Oliver, or the Arrow, was always right there to encourage his protege to exercise his speed and help people in the pilot episode of “The Flash”. They’re both similar to one another. They both like to keep their sister cities as safe as they possibly can, while also dealing with the stress and drama of being a modern-day superhero. However, they’re far from the same man.
The main differences include their personalities of “Arrow” and “The Flash” and set the tone for their respective shows. Barry is also not as serious or as dark as Arrow. In “hings in Starling City have a sense of doom pervades.”

Central City is alight with hope. The colors are as bright as Barry’s optimism. Deep down, they recognize each other’s good intentions and will always have each other’s backs. That, among many other reasons, is why “The Flash” is a phenomenal show.